Monday, July 14, 2008

Daddy's In Orlando!

This weekend, Robin left for Orlando for the annual ICRS (International Christian Retailer's Show... or something like that) to promote his latest book. Evan and I really miss him.

Yesterday, we tried a video chat, because we can... and Evan just didn't quite get it. He was very upset that Daddy was in the computer and not right there where he could touch him. Every time Robin said something to Evan, Evan would stick his little pout lip out and start screaming.

Eventually, after about 15 minutes, he started getting it and even gave him a little grin.

Evan had a little episode on Saturday, right as we were taking Robin to the airport. We had stopped for a quick dinner at McAlister's and were all enjoying our food... Evan was eating peas, when suddenly, without warning, Evan threw up every single little bit of the peas he had just eaten. It just kept coming. I've never seen anything like it... poor little guy.

I scooped him up and was wiping him down while Robin went up to the counter to inform the workers they had baby vomit to clean up. They were very nice about it. The guy that came over to clean it was super understanding, and the manager came to see if everything was ok. So, GO MCALISTER'S! They remain one of our favorite restaurants.

Evan is feeling MUCH better now. He's gobbling up rice cereal and applesauce like there's no tomorrow. I admit I am relieved he didn't continue to throw up, not just because I don't want him to be sick, but because I would have had to deal with it on my own. Everything is easier to deal with when Robin is around. :)

So, thankfully, that drama did not last long. And Robin will be home soon! In the meantime, let's all enjoy some more cute photos of the little guy!




My friend, Mr. Fred and his family gave me this snazzy basketball outfit. I love it. (and so does my mommy!)


I would really like to be able to crawl. For now, I'm laying on my stomach and flailing my arms and legs. Somehow, I don't think it's quite the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment