Wednesday, April 2, 2008

15 weeks today!

I can hardly believe that Evan is 15 weeks old already. How is that even possible? Where does the time go? I mean, really... didn't we JUST bring him home from the hospital yesterday? Robin and I were recently discussing how blessed we are that Evan is such a healthy little boy. Aside from his return to the hospital when he was a week old for jaundice, he's been a really healthy boy. He has the sniffles this morning, but other than that, he's been healthy.

I have heard of babies in the past, oh, I'd say six months that have had heart surgery (two of them!), encephalitis of some kind that may require brain surgery, colitis, and that doesn't count those who have been born prematurely and requiring extensive hospital stays. It also amazes me how God has used those situations to show me how to continue to rely on God with Evan's health. Most all of the parents in those situations are clinging to the belief that their child is in the Lord's hand. It reminds me all the time that that is totally true.

It's such a relief! I'm so glad to know that God is taking care of Evan. He's helping me every step of the way. Robin & I are not in this alone. Whew! This is probably... no, definitely... the most I have ever leaned on the Lord, and I am glad to learn that lesson over and over. I will cling to it as well.

We're doing a baby dedication at church on April 13th, and that just will serve as a public statement that we want to raise Evan the best we can with God's help and dedicate him to the Lord. I'm very excited about it. It should be a great day!

In the meantime, please enjoy these new photos of our little man. He's very handsome, I think. He gets it from his Daddy.





No comments:

Post a Comment