Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back to Work

I can't believe it happened already. I'm back to work after Emma's arrival. It's been just about seven weeks since her stunning arrival! Time is going MUCH faster now, I'm sure of it. 

Today is only my second day back, and actually, my first FULL day back. I will gladly admit that I am struggling. What Mom would not want to be home with her kids? I miss them so much. I don't want to miss all the cool new things Emma does, and the continued cute things that Evan's been doing. Emma made a valiant attempt to roll over yesterday. She was laying on the couch between Mommy & Daddy and was just trying to maneuver herself closer to Daddy (she's Daddy's girl already!). She made it onto her side with no problem, and would have used the momentum of the couch to get the rest of the way over, but Daddy stopped her. She's such an overachiever. 

Emma also went an amazing 5 and a half hours between feedings last night! The downside of that was that Robin had stayed up to give her a feeding so I could get a little extra sleep, making it an alarming NINE hours between feedings for Mommy. Not a good, or comfortable feeling. Bless her heart, we're reevaluating the overnight feeding schedule. Mommy can't go that long between feedings. 

Evan still really likes his little sister. It's Mommy and Daddy he's not too happy with right now. That's our impression, anyway. We think that he's acting out for attention. He will literally look us in the eyes and do exactly what we asked him NOT to do while he's doing it. He will run in the opposite direction when we call his name and he woke up at 5:30 two mornings in a row. (We actually think he might be trying to kill us... subconsciously.) Even through all that, he's still the cutest, sweetest little boy in the entire world. Both of our kids are basically, the best.   
Evan wanted to be close to his sister... just not 'too' close.

No comments:

Post a Comment